Monday, September 04, 2006

Brush Your Teeth and Pray

By Paige-

When I went to America, I bought Bethany Hamilton's book.

So far I think it is awesome. Reading her book has really been making me think deeper about a lot of things. She lost her left arm on Oct. 31 and is still trusting God. She knows that God is with her. She is not angry at God She’s just trusting him.

She talked about the words "what if"

I find my self saying that a lot. But... I know that it is a total waste of my breath. Why waste our breath saying what if?

We should just be just thanking God that He has a plan. That was one of the things that stuck out to me. Again, she says that there WILL be hard times in our lifes, but guess what?? God is ALWAYS with us always helping. Always being our great father.

One of the poems that I really like is the footprint poem. It talks about a man waking with God and seeing his life again. For most of his life he saw Gods footprints walking right by his. When the hard parts of his life came, there was only one set of footprints. The man said... Lord, why did you leave me when I needed you most? God said, that was when I was holding you.

A few nights ago, I was reading Bethany's book in bed but before I went to bed I got a piece of gum. My mom was like “before bed??” “OK but remember to brush you teeth again.”

So then I got to thinking....

If we don’t brush our teeth --- what’s going to happen??

They will get really GROSS!

So, a lot like that, if we don't read our Bibles and pray and stay close to the lord --- what’s going to happen to our lives?? We will have lives full of sin – really gross. And we will stop seeking God.

I do know that we still make mistakes even if we read our Bibles BUT --- If you don't want cavities what do you do.... you brush your teeth every day. Same thing... it you chose to live you live for the Lord and don't want a sinful life.... seek HIM by trying to know him better every day.

Have a good day,
Paige
paigeinhaiti@yahoo.com