Saturday, November 11, 2006

And the No-Stitching Spell Ends ...


By Britt:


Say hello to six-year-old Osmeline's foot. She was bathing in the canal yesterday afternoon when she stepped on a can and sliced the bottom of her foot. As you can see in the photo below, the left side was open wider but the cut went all the way to the other side of her foot. I stitched the left and used steri-strips on the shallow cut to the right. Other than having to be held down by four people in order to numb it up, she was a trooper! I think the three sucker's she had helped too. :)


(Before)


(After)

The rest of the family is at the beach right now. I didn't really feel like going and thought I'd stay back to get some school done. So ya, then why am I posting right now? ;D Anyway, back to the point ... it is a good thing I stayed back because right as the truck was pulling out, this new burn came:


I forgot to take an after photo, but after it was all cleaned up, there was no skin left on his elbow and his hand is the worst of all, very red and raw. His name is Jeanclauder and he is the two month old grandson of Pastor Silanse, the man with the abscess pictured in my last post. He burned it this morning, but I'm still a little unclear exactly how it happened (seriously, how does a two month old come in contact with fire?) I will try to figure it out and take a picture when he comes tomorrow to get his dressing changed.

Well ... I better get going on some work. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." ~Ecclesiastes 9:10